2011년 10월 11일 화요일

How I can use microblogs for my own professional development or for teaching


Microblogs( especially Twitter) can be the good way for teaching second language. When I am going to teach English, I will  use  microblogs  like below.
First, I am going to use Twitter for practicing translation like Ideas for Twitter in the Foreign language classroom. This can be a part of reading class. If I write one target sentence in the Twitter, the students have to translate it in their first language. Also I can make the students practice vocabulary and grammar with this sentence. For example, the students can write the new words in the sentence and they also can make the other sentences using this target structure of this sentence. With only one sentence, I can make the students practice a lot using the Twitter. In addition, I can give the feedback instantly in Twitter.
Also, I am going to use this  as a class announcement board like 28 creative ways teachers using Twitter. We don’t have to write down in the blackboard and we don’t have to say them in class. If some students miss the class or were absent, they could read the announcement in Twitter. The more fantastic thing is that we can change them whenever I need that. In addition, I can ask the students to give feedback of the announcement for checking them whether they read or not. This can be a very convenient medium for class announcement. Furthermore the parents can see the class announcement, they can help their children if they were young.
Lastly, I am going to use Twitter as a tool of communication between classes. When I do this, I can use hastag for them to discuss about the topics. If set up a certain hastag, the students could say their opinions there. Even though they are shy students, they can say their opinions without hesitation in Twitter. Therefore this is an wonderful tool for class discussion. Of course the teacher and other students can comment their opinions to the student’s opinion.
There are so many other ways to use microblogs, I will find out and try to make my own methods. Of course If I could think of new methods, I will spread this out using my Twitter.


댓글 2개:

Maryanne :

You have found some very good used for microblogs. However, to get credit for this mod you need to make links in the correct form as in the email I sent everyone a week ago.

MIhyun Kim(Sammy) :

I changed that! Now I found out how to link in the right way!